5 Axis CNC Machining Services Supplier – Custom Precision Parts Machining Manufacturer in China Factory Find V1 Company
Through mastering the core technology of 5 axis CNC machining, whatever for the most difficult and complex CNC parts, precision machined parts, we can promise to give you gorgeous advantages over a competitive price and on timely delivery.
When it comes to CNC aluminum services, 5 axis CNC machining must come to your mind. Choosing the right machining solutions will lead to the success of productions.
5 Axis CNC machining is a procedure used in most manufacturing operations and is widely used in most industries. CNC, which stands for Computer Numeric Control and deals with the use of a single-setup or more computer to administer actions of different machine tools like lathe, router, and mill.
What is 5 Axis CNC Machining?
The 3, 4, or 5 axis CNC machining is defined related to the number of directions in which the cutting tool can move, this also determines the ability of a CNC machine to move a workpiece and a tool. 3-axis cnc machining centers can move a component in X and Y directions and the tool moves up and down along Z-axis, while on the 5 axis CNC machining center, the tool can move across the X, Y and Z linear axes as well as rotates on the A and B axes, which makes the cutter can approach the workpiece from any direction and any angle. 5 axis CNC machining is different from 5-sided machining. Therefore, 5 axis CNC machining services allow infinite possibilities of the machined parts. Hook surface machining, unusual shape machining, hollow machining, punching, oblique cutting, and more special processes can be done with 5 axis CNC Machining service.
5 Forms of 5-Axis Machine Machining
There are various types of 5 axis CNC machines on the horizontal machining center, mainly including the following 5 forms: The 1st is a double swivel head form, two rotation coordinates control the direction of the cutter axis directly; the 2nd is droop swivel head form, two coordinate axes are at the top of the cutter, but the rotation axis is not perpendicular to the linear axis; The 3rd is double-swivel table form, the two rotation coordinates control the space rotation directly; the 4th is droop table, the two axes are on the table, but the axis of rotation is not perpendicular to the axis; the 5th is one swing one rotate from, two rotation coordinates one on the cutter and one on the workpieces.
CNC Machining Precision Part
CNC Machining Production Equipment
Differences 5 Axis Machining And 3+2 Machining
5 axis CNC machining is different from 3+2-axis machining. 5 axis CNC milling or machining involves continuous adjustments of the cutting tool along all five axes to keep the tooltip optimally perpendicular to the part. While 3+2 machining, also known as 5-sided machining or 5-axis indexed, it’s actually a 3-axis program with the cutting tool fixed at an angle depending on the two rotational axes. 3+2 machining needs to stop and start between each tool reorientation, while 5 axis CNC machining does not require that, so its speed is greatly improved. In addition, 5 axis CNC machining suits for more applications due to its stronger capacities. Generally, 3+2 machining works for plane processing and can’t complete oblique or special machining, while 5 axis CNC machining center is suitable for various contour surface machining.
5-Axis Machining ≠ 5-Sided Machining
The 5 axis CNC machining is very different from 5-sided machining. Many people do not know this and mistake the 5-sided machining for 5 axis CNC machining. 5-axis machining has 5 axes of x, y, z, a and b axes(or c). The x,y,z, and a,b axes (or c) form a 5-axis linkage machining. It’s suitable for hook surface machining, unusual shape machining, hollow machining, punching, oblique hole, and oblique cutting. While 5-sided machining is similar to 3 axis CNC machining. It can only process five sides, but cannot do special machining, oblique holes, cutting bevels, etc.
CNC Machining Testing Equipment
Advantage Of 5 Axis CNC Machining
5-axis CNC machining has featured high efficiency and high precision, and the workpiece can be finished by only clamping at one time. It is suitable for the processing of modern molds such as auto parts and aircraft structural parts. 5 axis CNC machining is not only used in civil industry but also widely used in aerospace, military, scientific research, precision instruments, high-precision medical device industry. It is a high-tech method that makes it impossible into possible, and all spatial surfaces or unusual shape machining or production can be done. It can not only complete the machining processing tasks of complex parts and industrial products but also can quickly improve the processing efficiency and shorten the processing flow.
- Maintain the Optimal Cutting | Improve the Cutting Conditions — As shown below, the left is 3-axis cutting mode, when the tool path moves toward the top or the edge of the part, the cutting deteriorates gradually. To maintain optimum cutting conditions here, you need to move the rotary table. And if we want to completely machine an irregular plane, we must move the rotary table several times in different directions with a tilting rotary table. It can be seen that the 5 axis CNC machining can also achieve better surface quality by avoiding the centerline speed of the ball cutter come to 0.
- Time-Saving | Reduce Processing Time — 5-Axis CNC machines will help you save a lot of time in universal machining centers. Parts created in most CNC job shops need to be machined on five sides. 5 axis CNC milling will help do the job fast and effectively in production. A little, single setup is required, and this helps save cycle time and money. Therefore, it is a cost effective solution and accelerates your end products to the market..
- Improved Accuracy | Improve Machining Precision — Through the 5 axis CNC machining technology, the problem of re-positioning the workpiece at a complex angle in accuracy many times has been solved. It not only shortened the time but also greatly improved machining tolerance many times. The high cost of making multiple jigs in the traditional way has also been saved. 5 axis CNC machining can process complex parts, such as drilling, taper machining, cavity crypts for complex surfaces, etc., which are not possible with traditional machining methods most times.
- Quality Surface Finish | Complex Shapes — This type of configuration also helps create surfaces with a quality finish. The location of the parts is much closer to the cutting tools in 5-Axis machines. The last two axes will let one use shortcutting tools, which do not vibrate so much and this will lead to a quality surface finish. The other good thing about 5-Axis CNC machines is that they cut intricate shapes. Various parts are required on all five axes. The extra movements in this type of arrangement give room for manufacturing angles and arcs. Before, they would need additional set-ups and unique fixtures.
- High Production Efficiency — The 5-axis machining can effectively reduce the machining time and auxiliary time of the parts. It has a large range of spindle speed and feeds rage, allowing the machine to perform a powerful large cutting capacity. The 5-axis machining is entering an era of high-speed machining. The rapid movement and positioning of 5 axis CNC machining and high-speed cutting processing reduce the turnaround time for semi-finished products and improve production efficiency and precision.
- No Competition — Not many shops have a 5-Axis CNC machine. Having one setup will lift you a step higher above your competitors in production services. You can give your customers something your competitors cannot offer. You should try out this type of machine setup and enjoy the benefits that they bring what it refers to production solutions, efficiency, and products quality.